- 8 Slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. Sliced spring onion
- ½ cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Reduced-fat cream cheese
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 24 Californian Medjool Dates
- Microwave the bacon slices on high for about 2 minutes to lightly cook.
- Remove from microwave and cut into thirds.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper or coat with non- stick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the green onions, blue cheese, cream cheese and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in each date.
- Spread each date open slightly. Remove pits.
- Fill each date with a rounded teaspoon of the cheese mixture.
- Wrap a one-third piece of bacon around each date and place on the prepared baking sheet with the filling side up.
- Bake uncovered for about 5-8 minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm. Garnish as desired.