Makes approximately a dozen
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Ground cloves
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped Californian Medjool Dates
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir flour, salt, baking soda and spices together. Add to the mixture and combine well.
- Stir in oats and Californian Medjool Dates.
- Spread by spoonful about 2.5cms apart on well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 180°c for 10-15 min. Let cool a few minutes before removing from the baking sheet.