Makes approximately 16 squares
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp. Grated lemon zest
- 2 Eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Californian Medjool Dates, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Blend one cup of flour into mixture.
- Pat into the bottom of an 20cm square pan.
- Bake at 180°c for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar and lemon zest. Beat until lemon is blended well.
- Blend in flour, salt, dates, coconut and lemon juice.
- Spoon over prepared crust and bake at 180°c for 25 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and cut into approximately 16 squares.