- 6 Californian Medjool dates, pitted and torn
- 1 small onion or shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. five spice
- 500 g finely minced lamb or pork
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup thick Greek style yoghurt
- 6-8 mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. dukkha
- In the food processor blend the dates, onion, garlic, 5 spice and mince until well combined and sticky.
- Roll into bite sized balls and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While meatballs are being chilled, pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a shallow tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the meatballs in a single layer and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Combine the yogurt, mint and lemon and mix well.
- Serve the meatballs with the dip and sprinkle with dukkha overtop.