- 4 medium sized purple kumara, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garam masala spice
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 bunch kale, roughly torn
- 2-3 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 orange
- 8-10 Californian Medjool Dates, pitted and torn into strips
- ¼ cup toasted and chopped hazelnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the diced kumara and onion in a large bowl and add the oil, spice, garlic and ginger and toss well.
- Arrange in a single layer on a lined tray and roast for 15-20 minutes until just tender and starting to caramelize.
- Add the torn kale for the last 5 minutes of cooking until just crispy.
- Remove the zest from the orange and reserve for the dressing.
- Peel the remaining skin from the orange and slice the flesh.
- Arrange the baby spinach, roasted vegetables, sliced orange and torn Californian Medjool dates on a serving platter
- Add all dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well, or stir together in a bowl and drizzle over the dressing.
- Sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts to finish.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
- Slice the French bread stick into even rounds and arrange in a single layer on the lined tray.
- Spray bread with oil and toast for 5-8 minutes until golden.
- Blend the goats’ cheese, cream cheese and lemon zest until smooth.
- Toss the pomegranate seeds with the honey and lime juice and zest.
- To serve, spread each crostini with the creamy goats cheese and top with half a date.
- Spoon over a few pomegranate seeds and the remaining syrup.