Makes one loaf
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3½ tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup Californian Medjool Dates, chopped
- Mix together sugar and egg. Add milk and stir.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add to milk mixture.
- Stir in nuts and dates.
- Pour into well-greased loaf tin.
- Let stand for 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake in a moderate 180°c oven for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.